Universal Crumble

By: sup3r87
11676 Plays

logo

Universal Crumble

Made for summer flowjam 2022

Jam theme: Out Of Space

Please note: This game has recieved four updates since it was submitted for the jam. It has recieved a lot more content since the jam winners were announced.

Got feedback? Visit the forum post here: https://community.flowlab.io/t/universal-crumble-summer-flowjam-2022/37388


Oh no!! A scientist's quark experiment went horribly wrong, and now a void of vaccuum decay is very rapidly spreading across the entire galaxy! This phenomenon is causing the galaxy to run out of space! The scientists have tasked you with piloting a racing drone the center of the galaxy to activate an ancient machine that can destroy the void. You have to race the void to the center though, and saying the task will be hard is an understatement.

Universal crumble is a game that teaches you how real spaceflight works. This game will teach you about what movement in space is like (it's not just hitting the main thruster constantly!) on a 2D plane. go for a fun run with easy mode, test your piloting skills with hard mode, or cry and weep wondering where it all went wrong with doom mode. Good luck!


CONTROLS:

WASD: navigate 4 directions

SHIFT: activate galacdrive engines (boost)

WHEN WEAPONS ENABLED:

Mouse: aim

Left click: shoot


CREDITS:

95% of code was made myself, the other 5% copied from my other games.

Made entirely with the SHELTZY-32 color pallette. All sprites by me.

All sounds were used from flowlab EXCEPT one SFX from mario kart and one SFX from the internet(memes).

MUSIC USED:

Main menu: Schtiffles - Sunday afternoon doodles

Galaxy map: Big Giant Circles - Uncharted Worlds remix (unfinished)

Leaderboard: AdhesiveWombat - Commerce

Level 1: Natzure - 16 Sunrise

Level 2: Agent Whiskers - Subspace Cavaliers

Level 3: FantomenK - Super rad raygun: Warsara

Level 4: Tiasu - Paralysis

Level 5: Tiasu - Hole

End screen: bLiNd - White Skies X


CHANGELOG:

Learn more about the changelog on the forums

V1.1 Intensity update

-added doom mode

-advanced settings menu added

-advanced settings include background contrast and extra UI object toggle-ability

V1.2 Bragging rights update

-added a splash screen

-slight polish to advanced settings menu

-added letters above each level that shows what difficulty it was beat on (resetting data will reset them!!)

V1.3 Elites update

-added a leaderboard, which scores you based on what levels you cleared, and which difficulty they were on. Can you collect them all and join the 45ers at the top?

-tweaked the difficulty display to get less in the way of the player's vision

-added a new UI item that shows the distance between you and the void

V1.4 Crumbled update

-added achievements. There are twelve total. Can you collect them all?

-added a UI item that displays pilot points.

-gave the boss at level 5 a health bar.

-added a credits screen.

Edit Game