Well, The results are in.
The game reviews have been tallied, and the Winner is Shattering Steel,
After two very close 2nd place games with Flowjam 2021's Growth of Winter
and then again with the 2021 Summer Flowjam entry The Illusionist,
Recryptech doubled down with the very fun, juicy, and highly polished
Shattering Steel. Not only did this game earn a well-deserved
top spot, it also as scored a rating of 4.01 - which is the highest rated
Flowjam entry since we began collecting ratings.
The competition was once again intense, and there were some very impressive games created in just two weeks.
Here are some that deserve a special mention:
2nd Place Winner
A fantastic little mobile game with a simple premise, that's really fun to play.
Pilot a small robot, to convert dry wasteland into a garden - with 50
Featuring a super-catchy theme song by BaconCat008
by DarkStar Studios
3rd Place Winner
A game about combining elements to create unique weapons. A unique
game mechanic with interesting, free-form gameplay.
An absolutely gorgeous game with relaxing, slow-paced gameplay.
A game about escaping from a lab and converting a town into your undead horde.
You can transform into the various townsfolk after converting them to gain special
abilities for your rampage. The graphics are cute and surprisingly charming :)
Drac's Big Break In
Navigate this nice little puzzle-platformer as Dracula. You can
transform between Drac and his bat form to solve each level. A well
balanced skill curve slowly ramps up the difficulty as you progress.
Eggie's Prison Escape
I'm not sure how Eggie managed to end up in prison, but in this game
you help him escape by solving puzzles using his circle and triangle
A great-looking low-res maze game in Bmarzi's distinctive and charming
A beat-em-up style game where you fight off stacks of infected zombies
and try to avoid inhaling too much Zombie Gas. make sure to try
the Jump-Kick combo!
The Theme is: Transformation
What does that mean?
It's the start of a new year! 🍾 A time for renewal, metamorphosis, and Transformation.
What does this mean for your game? As always, I have no idea.
Here are some quotes to help get your creativity flowing:
Life and death are illusions. We are in a constant state of transformation.
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
In Hinduism, Shiva is a deity who represents transformation. Through
destruction and restoration, Shiva reminds us that endings are
beginnings, and that our world is constantly undergoing a cycle
of birth, death and rebirth.
The universe is transformation: life is opinion.
- The Flowjam began on January 1st, 2022 EST, so get started now!
- Submissions will close and Judging begins on January 15th, 2022 EST at Midnight
- The submit game button will appear RIGHT HERE, so come back to this page when you're ready to submit
- You can continute to edit your game even after you submit, until the jam is over
What's a Flowjam?
Flowjam is a competition where everyone gets a limited time (two weeks) to
create a complete game from start to finish, based around a single theme.
The theme will be announced when the game jam begins, make sure to wait until the theme is announced to create your game!
This year the Flowjam will begin on January 1st, 2022 EST. Submissions will
close and Judging begins on January 15th, 2022 EST at Midnight.
Remember to come back and review all the games after you enter!
Come join the Flowjam Discord Channel or the
Flowjam 2022 Forum thread to discuss ideas, encourage each other,
ask questions, or whatever else.
What can I win?
The winning game developer will receive their choice of either an Switch OLED or XBox Series S console:
Why should I participate?
Making games is fun! Also, this is a chance to challenge yourself to try
new ideas, improve your skills, and possibly win a new game console :)
Who can enter?
Anyone, from anywhere. Feel free to collaborate and help each other, but only one prize will be awarded.
Entrants outside the U.S. will be responsible for any Customs or other fees incurred.
- Don't create your game until the theme is announced! - on January 1st, 2022 EST - the game creation time is listed under each game.
- Your game can include any art or music you have legal permission to use, but anything not created by you during the jam should be listed in the game's description.
- Submissions will be closed on January 15th, 2022 EST at midnight
- Although all entrants can vote on the game submissions, Grazer will have the final say on the official winner.
- Only games created using Flowlab can be submitted
- No purchase necessary - free accounts are welcome and encouraged to submit games!
- Theme How well the game adhered to and used the theme
- Fun How fun the game is to play
- Art How does the game look and sound
- Creativity How unique are the graphics, the mechanics, and the overall design